Hello peepu.

I love flying. I thought my passion was to fly a plane, thus I enrolled to pilot course when I was 19. Not long after that, I quit. On the 2006, for the first time, I flew to a foreign country without my parents accompany me. Since then, I travel.

Some may prefer to explore new place, new culture.  I'm a boring person, I kept flying to the same place, same countries since 2010. For example, many like to travel to Bangkok for shopping spree almost every year. I personally don't like Bangkok. We all have preference in life, I can't brain it when somebody questioned me why I fly to Hong Kong frequently. That look and intonation they made, extremely distasteful.

Untitled
The blue blue sky.

Well, here are the hong-kong-things that keep me flying to Pearl of The Orient.

Untitled
Hair color for my most recent trip to HK in April 2014.


1# HONG KONG DISNEYLAND


Untitled
2010: Halloween Celebration in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Hong Kong Halloween
2010: Halloween Celebration in Hong Kong Disneyland.

As it was my first Disney experience, the boyfriend made sure it was all good and memorable, he booked a 3D2N deluxe room for us in Hong Kong Disneyland. *confetti*

Hong Kong Disneyland
2010: Say hello to my Donald Duck plushie.

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
2010: Don't ever ask me if I bring all these home in the exact same shape.

Hong Kong Disneyland
2010: My dream bathroom.

The next day,  we had breakfast buffet at Enchanted Garden, Hong Kong Disneyland. They have 1st and 2nd seating, I was a little bit disappointed when we were told about the arrangement. When the boyfriend mentioned to the receptionist that we are willing to pay for both the seating-time, they allowed us to stay more than 2 hours without extra charges. Thankfully for the arrangement, I had the most memorable dining-with-characters experience ever in my life.

Enchanted Garden
2010: Mickey Mouse in his Halloween costume.

2011, it's Spring time baby! It was also my first time experienced a rainstorm, almost flew away by strong wind, scary.

Untitled
2011: Flying with Cathay Pacific.

Hong Kong Disneyland
2011: Spring in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Hong Kong Disneyland
2011: 5th Anniversary.

April babies hands in the air! I had a birthday celebration in Disney's Hollywood Hotel. It was so surreal to have Mickey Mouse attended to you at the dining table and wished you Happy Birthday. I brought the whole cake back to room and kept half of it in the fridge. I just couldn't finish it at one bite.

Birthday
2011: The Birthday package.

April 2013, I flew to Hong Kong with my mom and younger sister, friends tagged along as well.

Untitled
2013: Group photo.

Untitled
2013: Magic Access Membership.

Untitled
2013: Halloween in Hong Kong Disneyland

Untitled
2013: Halloween in Hong Kong Disneyland


2014, Pin Trading Fun Day! This is my second time joining this fun activity. You can win some limited edition not-for-sale pins from the game arcade. It only held for 3 days, I brought along my pins from Tokyo and Walt Disney World for trade. Unfortunately there aren't much for me to trade as many pins are originally from Hong Kong Disneyland.

Pin Trading 2014
2014: Pin Trading Fun Day

Pin Trading 2014
Limited Edition.

Hong Kong Foodie
2014: Brunch at the Banquet Hall,  Hong Kong Disneyland.


2# HONG KONG FOODIE

Hong Kong Foodie
2010: Beef noodle, Times Square.

Hong Kong Foodie
2010: My first duck rice in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Foodie
2010: Roadside stall.

Hong Kong Foodie
2013: A quick meal in Kowloon before heading to Hong Kong Island.

Hong Kong Foodie
2014: Favourite soup based macaroni.


Untitled
2010: Favourite breakfast style.

Hong Kong Foodie
2011: Dimsum for 2.

Hong Kong Foodie
2011: Shark fin dumpling.

Untitled
2013: Dim Sums for all.

Hong Kong Foodie
2013: Before flying off to Taipei with Eva Air X Hello Kitty flight at the departure hall.

Hong Kong Foodie
2014: Sweet Tooth.

3# FURKIDS ON THE STREET

As a dog lover myself, I have 7 furkids. The fucked up system makes thing hard for dog owners. We couldn't bring our furkids to a public area, let it alone walk the dog on the street, in the city. Seeing furkids walk happily and relax on the street brighten up my day.

Hong Kong Dogs

Hong Kong Dogs

Hong Kong Dogs


4# 7 ELEVEN

I mad love 7-11 in Hong Kong. I reload my Octopus Card here and get almost every snacks and microwave-heated food from here. Don't ever think of buying mineral water from here though, it's kinda pricey, to me. I also love collecting coupons/stamps to redeem cute merchandises, frankly speaking I never get to redeem any as I need at least 10 stamps, each stamp cost about 30 dollars.

One Piece 7 Eleven

Hong Kong Foodie


5# PUBLIC TRANSPORT

Talk about the convenience of taking public transports, not in Malaysia, not now.

Public Transport

Untitled


6# THE SCENERY

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


7# INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL/EXHIBITION

Untitled

Lomography Exhibition

Untitled


8# INTERNET SPEED

I love download movies, especially dozens of American series in Hong Kong. The internet is super fast (poor Malaysian I am) and save more time!

Untitled


9# THE SECURITY

It's a Malaysian thing, I guess. I feel safer walking on the street because the city never dies. People are around in TST and Kowloon, most policemen I've met are fit compared to our chubby authorities. Policemen in Hong Kong sometimes greet me too, talk about friendliness.

Hong Kong Police


10# FAMILIARITY

Yes, familiarity. Practise makes perfect. I can briefly memorize the maps and routes. Many told me that Hongkie are rude and unwilling to help. Differently from my experiences in Hong Kong, I never encounter any of that.

Guess all these sum up why I keep flying to Hong Kong. Signing off!

Untitled
Tribute to all the fallen angels #MH17.



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!