As I mentioned in the earlier posts, the time I was in Melbourne is the most happening weekend in September. For not-a-big-fan of AFL (specifically me) there are plenty of non footy related to do on #TGIF and throughout the weekend.

Melbourne CBD
Don't Go Queitly

Guess many know what's City Circle in Melbourne. Just a brief introduction, it's a free tram that runs in a rectangular route within the CBD, don't be surprise to see the local people in the tram yeah. The management did not restrict anyone from taking the free tram. Differently from my previous visits, I did not solely rely on City Circle to travel. You may consider to get a Myki or iVenture, something like our Touch n' Go.

Untitled

Spring has the most amazing weather, well despite the strong wind that make my lips cracked, overall, spring is still my favorite season. Melbourne's Southbank is one of the bustling places in the beautiful city. Take a stroll down by the river, a major entertainment and tourist precinct that worth to explore.

South Wharf, Melbourne

Hop off at Tram Stop 124A, cross the street towards DFO, there's South Wharf Promenade, offers waterside dining places, such as pubs, American, Italian Waterfront, Thai food restaurant, Vietnamese restaurant and more. I see wild ducks too (photo above). Don't ever get near to the flock though, you might scare them.

Untitled

Graffiti is basically everywhere in Melbourne. Try to find arts on pedestrian paths. I found few thou.

Southbank, Melbourne
Can you spot Flinders Train Station?

Untitled
Seafarer's Bridge

Seafarers Bridge, Melbourne
#somuchwin

The lock phenomenon first appeared on bridges in Paris, I assumed. To my surprise, I did not see these on Seafarer's Bridge 2 years ago. Well, I did not lock anything because eventually somebody is going to 'clean out' the padlocks batch by batch.

Melbourne CBD
Public Purse, Bourke Street Mall

Melbourne CBD
Three Businessmen, Corner Swanston and Bourke Streets

Find the art piece/statues/monuments/sculptures in the city. I've taken many photos of these art pieces in my previous trips to Melbourne, so this time I just snapped few. Specifically, only two, haha.

Melbourne CBD

I don't know why I never worry if I accidentally sit on bird shit or whatsoever. Those greenish carpet is love.

Melbourne CBD

The famous Flinders Street Train Station. Trains depart from here technically connect you to every parts in Victoria. There are also underground paths connecting you from Flinders Street to the north bank of Yarra or vice versa. You'll see some street performers there too.

Melbourne CBD

Horse carrier. I never hire one. Not sorry to say that I think it's an animal abuse, furthermore, it's not necessary to have such transportations in a busy city. Tourists have so many alternatives to choose from, for example, City Circle, Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus, and more.

Uncommon Places, Melbourne

Uncommon Places, a keynote event hosted by Melbourne Fringe Festival 2014. In the morning, my friendly room hostess informed me that Uncommon Place will host a Third Place on City Square. Third Place - Common Room is a concept featuring informal events, public talks, games, and more. I love the idea of giving public speech without the risk of getting sued under the Sedition Act.

Freedom of Speech, Melbourne

I will never sign any petition if I have yet get the whole idea/concept of certain awareness. It's sort of mind blowing and it definitely give you second thoughts after listening to the speech by different people. I'm not picking any side, everyone is entitled with their own opinions, always remember, different people with different perspectives.

Freedom of Speech, Melbourne

Freedom of Speech, Melbourne

Freedom of Speech, Melbourne

Untitled

Freedom of Speech, Melbourne

They are not street performers, if you wonder. They were happily dancing and chanting foreign language on the street. There isn't a basking bucket, I never thought that public performance can be done casually; I was informed years before that public performance must obtain a permit from the council. Were they caught? I don't think so after I've been watching them dancing for almost 30 minutes.

Melbourne CBD

Melbourne is also famously-known of street performances. If you like to enjoy watching performance, explore Swanston Street, Bourke Street and Elizabeth Street, you'll find all sorts of talents. Generally, you shall at least give some money to the performers as a courtesy. But I do see many local people put money into the bucket as a random act of kindness as they walk passed.

Melbourne CBD

This pair of teenage girls I had been seeing them since in the aftenoon till night. The costumes are such an eye-catcher. Maybe I shall wear this during winter-spring while I still look young, lol.

Melbourne CBD

I never get bored of the night view in Melbourne. Back in 2006 (the first time I was in Melbourne) the city is partially quiet and empty by 8pm, I'm happy that this favourite city of mine has changed as more and more people from different parts of the world residing here, make the city even more bustling and happening. Most importantly, the business hour of dining places has extended.

Melbourne CBD

Yarn bomb! Yarn bombing or urban knitting is a type of graffiti where colorful crocheted fibre were used instead of chalk and paint. Look at the tree (photo below) The first time I saw it back in 2011, those metal benches in town were fully covered by knitted clothes, I thought it was a kindness act to keep the homeless warm. #lessonlearned

Yarn Bombing, Melbourne

Restaurants and pubs are fully occupied with AFL fans from Australia. They were so high and enthusiatics too! Some fans approached me and asked which team I support, I honestly told them that I don't know anything about AFL, they immediately invite me to join their table at the restaurant, and they're going to briefly educate me about the game, wow.

Some even get extremely friendly, they just casually chit-chatting with us in the tram and followed us to the same dining place for dinner, wow wow. But they bring no harm though, I am more than welcome if anyone would want to make friends with me, why being a anti-social while you are travelling, right?



P8311979 All the photos are taken using an Olympus EPL-1. Passionate in lomography and traveling. Appreciate your supports and thank you for reading this post, kindly leave footprints at my facebook page. Roslyn Kong at Instagr.am. Let me hear from you on Twitter too at @roslynkong!!