This is a #longovedue post, obviously. I always wanted to share more about my vacation to beautiful places, but sometimes I was just being lazy and tending to think that I have no readers at all. Anyway, I still enjoy updating my own blog, so.

I've been to Melbourne 4 times during Spring and Winter in year 2006, 2011, 2012 and 2014. This time around I went to Melbourne with the boyfriend and his parents. I've been anticipating for tulip festival since two year ago as I missed this great event back then.

Well,

Tulip Festival - One of the wow factors you want to visit Melbourne during Spring. I've been to Melbourne during Spring twice, but this whole thing about tulips, is my first time!

Untitled

Tesselaar Tulip Festival, Melbourne

For one month from the mid of September to the first week of October, this tulip farm located at Monbulk Road is opened for tourists. It's impossible for me to miss it again, thus before I flew I've made ticket reservations online, just in case the tickets are sold out for the particular dates. (26th - 28th September 2014)

Tesselaar Tulip Festival, Melbourne

I took a train from the Flinders Street Train Station to Lilydale. It was just a 5 minutes walk from my hotel. From the Lilydale station, we took a shuttle bus to the farm, the whole journey took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Untitled

I particularly picked 27th September 2014, not only because we'll be flying home the next 2 days, the AFL Grand Final 2014 also falls on the same date. bet you can imagine how jammed is the city with all the fans around Australia flying in to join the fun.

Untitled

Starting from the first weekend to the last (22nd Sept - 5th Oct 2014), they have different themes to entertain everyone, from children to grandparents and everyone in between. I chose to visit the farm on the 27th Sept, which was the Food, Wine & Jazz Weekend! All I can think about is the food and wine tasting. Yay!

Untitled

We reached Tesselaar Tulip Farm around 11 in the morning, the place is not crowded yet. The place is huge! The entrance located at the middle of two different tulip farms, before heading to the main farm, we had a breakfast at their food canopy, serving coffees, waffles, cakes and more.

Untitled
#postedininstagram

Untitled

Tempted to pluck it. Is this mandarin orange?

Untitled
#postedininstagram

Move to the different part of the smaller farm, rows and rows of different types of tulip! Do you have any idea how hard to take this only-me-and-the-tulips photo with many people wandering around? I practically waited until those people walk out from it and quickly jumped in between two rows and, snapped a photo.

Tulip Festival

Untitled

One of the main reason I love about Australia is, basically every place I've been to are dog friendly.

Tesselaar Tulip Festival

Untitled

The view is already freaking awesome at the stage area, we can't wait to proceed to the main farm. Attracted by this mouth-watering macadamia nuts, the boyfriend bought me the biggest pack omg thank you so much, bee.

Untitled

Macadamia Nuts

It makes a good snack to eat while strolling down the farm. This is the first pot of tulips I saw while on my way to the stage area. It is so beautiful I kept snapping photos, until a horrific thing happened. When I touched one of the tulips, it just fell off from the pot. It's even worse when a kid saw it and tried to acknowledge his parents, I shhhh him and quickly dug a hole and shoved it back.

Untitled


The smaller farm is already so beautiful that I can't even... When we arrived at the main farm,

BEHOLD
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

SPECTACULAR VIEW OF A SEA OF TULIPS.

Tulip Festival


Tesselaar Tulip Festival

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

There was a sculpture contest going on, didn't manage to snap all of them as they are displayed at the different parts in the main farm, and I was reluctant to walk a long distance, simply I'm just not interested, lol.

Untitled

Untitled

Tesselaar Tulip Festival

Tesselaar Tulip Festival

Untitled

Untitled

We have been in the tulip farm for about 3-4 hours before we decided to head to the the stage area for a quick bite. There, Please Don't Pick The Tulips. I've seen many irresponsible adults simply plucked one up and pose for a photo. Well, #dontbeacheapskate purchase one or two from the tulip kiosk la, peepu.

Untitled

The place is quite muddy, to avoid any unpleasant experience while walking on the soft surface, I wore my sport shoes, and I got to try on the boot scraper, haha. It was supposed to remove the dirt or mud from your shoes but I used it to scratch my itchy foot due to the super thick socks I was wearing.

Untitled

Weather in Melbourne is crazy, unstable and unexpected. The first second it was all gloomy and I thought it was gonna rain, the next second,

Tulip Festival

Sunny with blue blue sky.

Tesselaar Tulip Festival, Melbourne

Plenty of food stalls and wine tasting kiosks! Each of us are given 2 tokens for wine tasting, the boyfriend's parents are cool with anything so I get the choose which wine to go for!

Untitled

The food costs around 10-20aud per set. I can't pronounce the name of foods precisely so I just pointed it out and told them, one set please.

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Untitled

Food trucks! It is like a trend in Malaysia, in fact, I'm invited by a group of friends to join them for a food truck festival this coming two weeks, aww I can't wait!

Tulip Festival

Untitled

There are also performance by talented musicians, man, they rocks the stage!

Tulip Festival

Untitled

It turned out the boyfriend became our bell boy. He carried our bags throughout the journey. The woolworth shopping bag was bought during my previous holiday in Melbourne, the handle broke and the bottom tore after supporting thick jackets and water bottles.

Yes, I will definitely get another new one, lol.